Download this Recipe Print this Recipe
3 pounds Eastern Fisheries dogfish fillets, cut into pieces
salt and pepper to taste
3-4 tablespoons olive oil
1½ pounds onions
½ cup chopped parsley
1 head garlic, peeled and thinly sliced
½ cup white wine
1½ pounds ripe tomatoes
1/3 cup plain breadcrumbs
1 tablespoon tomato paste
2 cups water
Dogfish Baked with Onions
- Wash and pat dry the fish. Season with salt and pepper. Squeeze the juice of the lemon over it and let stand for 1 hour. Clean the onions and slice them thinly.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan and sauté the onions until golden brown. Add the garlic and cook for a few minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- In a glass baking dish, spread half the onion mixture on the bottom. Place the fish pieces evenly on top and then spoon in the remaining onion mix.
- Sprinkle dish with Italian parsley. Slice tomatoes and place evenly on top. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
- Dilute tomato paste with water and pour over dish. Bake at 395° F for 30 minutes. Serve on warm plates with juice from the fish. Garnish with parsley.
Seafood Recipes from Eastern Fisheries Include: